Real Estate Law
Whether you’re a first time home buyer or a seasoned commercial purchaser, buying or selling property is among one of the biggest decisions you can make and can be stressful. We work with you to guide you through each step of the process to make your buying or selling experience as smooth as possible.
As your real estate lawyers, we see ourselves as an integral part of your team to work in conjunction with your real estate agent, mortgage broker, insurance representative and accountant.
You should not take chances with property contracts because they can have significant implications for you. Issues such as conditions of sale, title searching, potential tax implications, financing the transaction, closing procedures and a whole host of other technical issues can seriously affect your rights and obligations. At Wilson Law Partners LLP our lawyers have a thorough knowledge of property law and you can count on us to help you with a broad range of issues.
We can assist you in a residential real estate transaction with:
- Purchasing and/or selling
- Working with your lender to facilitate financing for residential properties
- Intra-family transfer
- Mortgage refinancing
We can assist you in a commercial real estate transaction with:
- Purchase or sale of commercial property
- Property planning and development
Planning & Development Law
As municipal regulations evolve, developers and land owners are under increased pressure to be aware of municipal changes and to meet new requirements.
Representing clients over the years, the lawyers at Wilson Law Partners LLP have gained experience which can help you navigate the demands and challenges in the planning and development of properties in and around the City of Ottawa.
Contact Wilson Law Partners LLP when you need assistance with:
- Determining your rights and responsibilities with a development
- Aspects of the approvals process
- Assistance with various stages of subdivision, severance, part lot control exemptions and minor variance approvals
- Hearings in front of the land division committee
- Grant of utility easements
Wills & Estates
It is never too early to plan your financial affairs in the case of your death or disability. When you make a Will and prepare Powers of Attorney, you will have peace of mind knowing that you have taken care of your family and loved ones.
Contact the lawyers at Wilson Law Partners LLP to draw upon their experience to help you with:
- Creating or updating your Will
- Establishing Family Trusts
- Arranging for Powers of Attorney for you or other members of your family
- Estate administration
- Management and Distribution of Assets
Whether you’re embarking upon a new business venture or operating a well-established business, we can assist you with a wide range of legal services to help assist with the structuring, growth and/or transitioning of your business.
If you are embarking upon a new venture, contact us for advice on matters such as incorporation, partnership, financing, shareholder agreements and liability issues and how these issues impact you and your business.
We can assist you in determining the business structure that best works for you with questions such as:
- Is incorporation right for you or should you begin as a sole proprietor?
- What are the pros and cons of partnership?
- We can also help you balance investor and proprietor rights through share structuring and shareholder agreements.
- If you own or operate a well-established business you can benefit from our knowledge and experience when you are considering a business acquisition or sale, corporate reorganization and restructuring, joint venture, or franchise arrangement or when you are entering into a corporate financing transaction or considering a tax-planning restructuring.